[ Home ] >> [ CineNews ]
Shankar appreciates Anirudh’s eagerness to learn new things!

March 23, 2014

Mega-director Shankar has lauded upcoming music director Anirudh Ravichander’s willingness to learn new things and incorporate the same in the music he composes in various films. Shankar, who is gearing up to release his I starring Vikram and Amy Jackson in the lead, was speaking at the audio-launch of the Sivakarthikeyan-Hansika starrer Maan Karate held in the city yesterday.

“I have been a fan of Anirudh and I feel that Anirudh’s keenness to learn new things related to music would take him places in the industry,” Shankar told a packed crowd at the Sathyam Cinemas premises. “I have come to this audio-launch as a huge fan of Anirudh’s music. I should say that I’m highly impressed by almost all the songs composed by Anirudh so far.

“Anirudh displays the same interest and willingness like A.R. Rahman to learn new things about music. I know for a fact that Rahman used to attend Hindustani music classes despite his hectic non-stop schedule in composing music and touring around the globe. I heard that Anirudh is also learning classical music nowadays. It’s an interesting aspect which would fine-tune his personality,” he said.

Shankar also had a word or praise for A.R. Murugadoss saying that one could derive the same kind of pleasure from films produced by the diminutive film-maker like the joy one gets from films directed by him. He also lauded Sivakarthikeyan’s growth as an actor in the industry and predicted that he would soon be among the list of frontline heroes in Kollywood.

© 2014 TamilBeat.Com - division of Ad&A Communications Inc. All Rights Reserved.  Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Support and FAQ