[ Home ] >> [ CineNews ]
Udhayanidhi assures there would no ‘bar’ sequences in his films!

March 23, 2014

Producer-hero Udhayanidhi has assured that his films from now on won’t be featuring sequences depicting him or others taking liquor. Of late, most of the Tamil films invariably have a sequence wherein the hero or the comedian or the villain sits casually in a bar sipping alcohol. It’s almost as if there has been an unwritten rule in existence which forces film-makers to ensure that such a sequence is present in their films.

Tamil audiences youths in particular, who idolize their on-screen heroes, tend to take after the alcohol-drinking and smoking habits occasionally indulged by their favourite heroes in films. Keeping this in view, many social service organizations and social activists have been appealing to frontline heroes to ensure that their films don’t feature smoking or liquor-drinking sequences.

Both Oru Kal Oru Kannadi and Idhu Kathirvelan Kaadhal, films in which Udyahanidhi had essayed lead roles, had liberal bar and drinking sequences. However, Udhayanidhi has now assured that his films in future would no more be featuring such sequences.

“I come from a family which preserves and protects tradition. As such, I shouldn’t be saying or doing something which might set a wrong precedent for others to follow. I have informed directors of my films not to make smoking/drinking sequences part of the script. I can now assure everyone that such sequences won’t be present in my future films,” says Udhayanidhi.

© 2014 TamilBeat.Com - division of Ad&A Communications Inc. All Rights Reserved.  Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Support and FAQ